The Katholieke Universiteit in Flanders, Belgium is offering the Interfaculty Council for Development Co-operation (IRO) to interested applicants who wants to undergo a degree program at the University.
The programme is organized and managed by IRO, the University’s Interfaculty Council for Development Cooperation. This programme is intended for the student to do his or her whole research at KU Leuven; therefore, any other type of agreement (e.g. Sandwich programmes, etc) are not envisioned.
Application Deadline: 13th November 2017 for the program beginning 1st October 2018
Offered annually? Yes
Eligible Countries: Developing countries
To be taken at (country): Katholieke Universiteit in Flanders, Belgium
Also Apply: 2017 Masters & Doctoral Scholarships At South African Universities
Number Of Awardees: Not specified
Value Of Scholarship: Tuition fee, Health and Life Insurances, partner and child allowances, monthly stipend, travel.
Duration Of Scholarship:
- PhD: 48 months (4 years)
- Pre-doctoral programme: 12 extra months (1 year)
Eligibility: To be eligible for this scholarship program, applicants must:
- be a citizen of one of the countries on the OCDE DAC table that are considered as: Least Developed Countries, Low Income Countries or Low Middle Income Countries.
- hold an academic qualification at least equivalent to a high distinction.
- demonstrate a development-oriented motivation.
- be supported by a KU Leuven promoter.
How To Apply: Interested applicants must follow the application procedure and complete his file before November 13th 2017. Please make sure to fill up the application form with the following instructions:
- First name and last name EXACTLY as written on the passport.
- Status: Doctoral Programme (diploma contract) or Predoctoral programme.
- Academic year: If you apply between September and October 2017, you must select 2017-2018; we will change this manually once the call for applications for 2018-2019 opens. Starting from November 2017, you must select 2018-2019.
- Is this application also intended as a scholarship application? Yes.
- Name of the scholarship agency: IRO Doctoral Scholarship
Also Apply: 2017 Bangor University PhD Scholarships – UK
Visit The Scholarship Webpage For More Information
Award Provider: K.U Leuven